Friday, May 28, 2010

World!


Marseille! 12-05-10

Okay, so this is kinda a bit late as far as punctual blogging goes, but I'm getting there.

I'll start from the very beggining (I heard it's a very good place to start) I left Belgium in the middle of the day to head south in search of the sun. I arrived in Marseille that afternoon, and got a shuttle to the train station where I was found by Kyle's host grandparents who then took me to where Louise and Delphine were having dance classes, after telling me all about how Kyle is their adopted grandson and so on, so there you go Ky, they actually liked you (;


We just chilled out and chatted that first night because everyone was kinda sleepy.


The next day though was a public holdiay, a relgious holiday so there was no school or work, and we headed out to Aix en Provence. It was mostly warm, and I really liked the day. It was nice and relaxed. Here is a fountain we saw. Unfortunately we were only there because a pigeon pooped in Louise's hair so we were trying to wash it out. But I thought it was a nice fountain so I took a picture (: But the main thing we saw at Aix was the markets, it smelled so delicious there. They were mostly selling fruit and vegetables in this market but then there was another one for clothes and stuff like that. The guys in the background were busking, playing music in pirate costumes. It gives the market a nice ambiance.


Savon De Marseille.. smells sooooo yum! I bought some back for my host mums, definately scored some brownie points there.

And this is the Cathedral we visited there, I don't know why but it was closed. Pretty though isn't it? I like how gothic looking all the scultping is. It makes it seem more legit.





The next day was actually my 18th Birthday, so Guillame made me a cake. It was delicious, the parents and Guillame left though so we ate all of it just us three girls. He would probably like me to mention that he made it all by himself, considering he told me that several times. Cuteee (:


So then I spent the day in Marseille with Louise and Delphine. It was really nice but quite windy. We went to the new starbucks but the line was really really long. Then we just cruised around, we tried to go to the big church but the buses were all packed out cause there were heaps of tourists there, I don't know why...




So this is me and Louise by the old port of Marseille.


We went to a beach after that and just chilled out. It was nice. The next day was Saturday and we slept in after the celebrations from the night before. Then we went and got brunch in town and come back and made crepes.

Sunday, I went with the parents, Guillame and a family friend of theirs to Carry. We went there to do a walk which was pretty nice. It was a lovely day but the wind was cold.


So this is the beach we did our walk around:





We had brought packed lunches with us so after an hour and a bit of walking we sat down and ate, and then we just stayed lying down in the sun for a couple of hours.




The next day was monday, so everyone had to go to work and whatnot, so I went to school with Louise for the morning. She had greek which was impossible but then she had english, so I understood haha. The teacher was a nutter though.. Anyway after that we walked around near her school and she showed me this place, that's where they eat lunch when its sunny. Its a fountain that was put in to celebrate that there was enough water for the whole town.
Then we had lunch at the grandparents house with all the kids, it was nice.
After that I met up with Flo because Louise had an exam and that would have been boring. We did a tour of Marseille, a tour of the coast line and then we went to the Haribo factory but it was too late and the boutique was closed. It was nice though, he taught me lots of swear words in french haha. This is the palace of Justice:



The next morning I flew back to belgium. It was a really nice trip and I had a lot of fun with the Poets.


No comments:

Post a Comment